Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Worthy Cause

Last summer my mom and sister Laura traveled to Uganda with my sister's soccer team. There they saw poverty beyond measure. It broke my mom's heart to see children in such hard circumstances she wanted to badly to help them. They met this couple that run an orphanage in one of the areas there. The couple have 5 children of there own and 20 adopted orphans in one little house. They grow crops for food and make necklaces to sell on the streets. My mom has a agreed to help sell some of the necklaces here in Utah and 100% of the proceeds go to these children for basic education materials, food and clothing. It is such a great cause and there is so much need. If you would like to buy one of these handmade african necklaces please e-mail me at kimaldrich4@gmail.com.
We are giving them out for a donation to the orphanage of $10.
Every little bit counts.
For more information click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment